Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Work Is Like A Bowl Of Peaches



Today was my first official day back to work since my maternity leave. I was sent out to the country to photograph an author and before I left he offered me full access to his peach and plum trees. How could I resist. He even helped me pick the scrumptious treats. It feels good to be working again.

I can say that because I am not overloaded. This is because I have cut my monthly assignments in half since having SJ. I think it will be a good balance between photo shoots and my top priority mommy job, however it will take a toll on our budget. I will be making enough money for my car payment and that's it. The idea of being at home more and becoming a frugal fanatic is an appealing concept, but the execution itself is easier said than done. Little things like lattes, a summer pedicure, or even thrift store shopping have got to go. There is no wiggle room unless extra money comes in.

I guess I need to hit the money saving blog circuit again. I feel good about this new season though. It's just another chance to stretch, learn, and grow.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bowl of fruit looks wonderful. God has been really providing hasn't He.
N.L.W.

Anonymous said...

Not an easy season to enter, but def. a good one. And you have a really good attitude. - trusting the Lord with EVERYTHING, but not trying to be super human. :) As Paul said "I rejoice in my weakness.... because in my weakness Christ is made strong... and His grace is sufficient for the day." I believe you guys are going to flurish so beautifully. Love you.

{amy} said...

Girl, I completely understand what you're saying! I am (once again) trying to come up with stuff for a fun & frugal summer!!