Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Father's Day Flick

It always amazes me how movies for little kids can often pack such a big message. The movie Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs in short is just another computer animated slapstick comedy, but it's not just about an inventor that makes food fall from the sky, it's a story abut being yourself and the importance of an affectionate loving father.
We went to see this movie last night when they had a free outdoor showing downtown and I think it was just a coincidence, but the film was a perfect pick for father's day weekend.

The main character Flint is desperately seeking approval from his dad who he has little in common with. Meanwhile the person that exemplifies an outwardly loving and caring dad

is also a bull headed cop that makes life very difficult for Flint.

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, but each one of these characters (plus many others) have some very important lessons to learn. I give it two thumbs up whether you have kids or not, although be forewarned some of the humor is just plain gross.

Here is a snapshot from last night of my favorite father son duo.

I love the fact that they are watching a movie about food while sharing a chocolate shake and bag of popcorn. Needless to say we had a great time, and he is a great dad. I wish everyone a relaxing father's day with the men that you love.

1 comment:

Michele R said...

Great photo, mom. I/we have not yet seen this movie, although I read the book many years ago. I will rent it.