Sunday, July 3, 2011

American Soil

I have been anxiously waiting to share what has been happening in our garden over the past 3 months and I thought this week would be the perfect time to do it. Nothing says America like fresh home grown vegetables (or fast food burger and fries, but that's another story).
Today we are going to the traditional 4th of July gathering with J's family and I volunteered to bring burger toppings, most of which will be from the garden. Then I realized I had some herbs that are ready to go and need to be used up before we leave town in a week.
So I found a recipe that uses cucumbers, mint, and scallions (all of which we grow), and bruschetta which will put some of our tomatoes and basil to good use.
I'll be back later this week to tell more about what we are doing with our little piece of American soil, but for now I'm off to see some fireworks.
Happy 4th of July everybody!

2 comments:

{amy} said...

It all looks so delicious!!

Rachel Moss said...

Your garden bounty is fabulous! We planted a teeny garden, too, but it's not working out so well. I'm pretty sure we got in the game a little late.