Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Wedding

Coffee and cookie on a rainy afternoon at the angry catfish in Minneapolis.


Originally written Saturday July 16, 2011
Last night was the rehearsal dinner and today was the wedding. It was hard to tranisition into work mode after playing around for the past week. It hasn’t been all that laborious though. Before reahearsal we went to a place called Sea Salt Eatery where I had calamari tacos that were YUMAZING and then kept the theme going with a smoked sea salt mocha from a coffee shop/bike store where we had connection through some friends of our friends. Having some grease monkeys tinker around with bikes in the same room that I sipped my java totally made sense in this city. Everyone rides bikes around here. You can rent bikes like candy from a vending machine.

You’ve got bikes chained to every parking meter.

There are even special bike lanes everywhere you go.

We haven’t had a ton of time to check out the city with the main priority being my photography job.

That's our pastor getting down to the cha cha slide.

But the wedding was beautiful and I am so happy for the bride and groom who we have known for 4 years now.

And I have them to thank for making this trip possible. Next up the North Shore!

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I totally don't get the coffee shop/bike store, but if you say it makes sense I believe you! The smoked sea salt mocha sounds and looks amazing! It looks like Dan had a good time! :) I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Tell J I said happy birthday tomorrow!!