Friday, July 29, 2011

Kentucky

I have been writing about this journey as I go and then posting them whenever I get a chance/have wifi, but I think I am all caught up now. I am currently visiting my family in Kentucky and getting ready to head back to Texas a couple days later than originally planned. J was invited to preach at a church (coincidently called the Lighthouse) and so he decided to step out of his comfort zone and go for it. So doing ministry at a little church in Owenton is how we wrapped up a week of Kentucky time.

Let's see, besides that I got my toenails done again in this really fun teal color, which was a risk, but I've loved them.
We also got to go on a triple date with my brothers and their wives. It was half price sushi and it was YUMAZING (it's a word I made up on this trip to describe all the good food we've had). Another favorite moment I've had was when we went to Sawyer Point which is a fountain area over by the Ohio river.

I used to go there when I was a kid so I was anxious for my kids to experience it. My niece was there too.
It was really special.

Speaking of kids, it's great to be back with the kiddos, although you can tell they are starting to get really home sick and I am too. Next stop, TEXAS!

1 comment:

{amy} said...

It really sounds like y'all have had a great time! :)