Thursday, July 28, 2011

Michigan

Written Saturday July 23, 2011

We have had an awesome time visiting with our friends, learning to play eucher, hanging out at their coffee shop, and reminiscing about old times.

They spoiled us to pieces with the 5 star treatment. Anything we wanted from the gourmet coffee bar, plus we stayed in the master bedroom and yesterday I soaked in the Jacuzzi which was a real treat if you know how I feel about baths! We got a tour of their little city where all the action happens. They live and work right next to the beach. People come from far and wide for the canooing, sailing, bird watching, kite boarding, and who knows what else.

It's quite the tourist destination, which is totally opposite of where I am from.

We had the pleasure of going kayaking down the Tawas river yesterday and man, I wish I could have had a camera with me.

The water was like glass reflecting everything from the beautiful wild life, to the golden sunset.

Now, as much I would have love to stay and have some more of that, it was time to move on. Our friends urged us to spend another day in Tawas. There was so much more to see and do,

but I’ve got some kiddos waiting for me in Kentucky and I think my heart is actually beginning to physically ache from missing them. The sun is beginning to set in Ohio and we will soon be rolling into town where I will be able to give hugs and kisses until those two manage to squirm out of my arms. It’s been a FULL 7 days apart from them which is record breaking. Its good thing I am not the one driving because we would probably end up with a record breaking speeding ticket!

2 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

I have never had a speeding ticket so I'd probably pee my pants if a cop pulled me over! haha.

Love the pictures!

{amy} said...

I bet you were so glad to see your babies again! Your trip sounds SO great, though!!

I think it's SOOOO cool that Brandon recorded a NTB song!!!! I'm quite jealous, actually! ;) One degree closer, huh?! :D