Thursday, September 10, 2009

Z's 2nd Birthday

This year I was going to have a very simple birthday celebration. We did a big thing last year but this time I was just wanting to keep it low key. Nice idea, yet somehow the "non-party" gradually grew into a decent size birthday bash (this was completely my doing by the way). There were over 20 guests, we had pizza, party favors, and I even made a home made cake. When we brought out the cake Z started singing happy birthday to himself right away. It was my favorite part of the night. He got a lot of great presents and is one spoiled little boy. He still hasn't quite figured out how to really tear into a wrapped gift, but he'll have another chance in a few months when Santa comes. Anyway, here are some photos of the fun filled evening.

The Monkey Cake


Happy Birthday To You...



Let's Party!






2 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Fun! We're doing a monkey party for my daughter's 2nd birthday next month, too. I can't believe you made that cake - it looks awesome!! (I'm totally paying someone to make ours.)

Lexi said...

It looks like he had a lot of fun. I like his new hair cut too!

You did a great job on the cake, it is very cute :)