Thursday, July 8, 2010

The latest with SJ

The other day I was looking at my baby girl and thinking "What happened to my newborn!? I thought you were supposed to be a helpless little lump wrapped up in a blanket whose biggest daily achievement was opening your eyes for a few moments a day!" then she looks back at me as if to say "Oh mom, that was so 4 months ago."

I went ahead and did an official portrait session last week. I am trying my best to keep up with the pace I set with the first born.
It started with some photos of her sitting up, but that wasn't working too well.

So I laid her down

and she fell asleep,

but when she woke up

she was ready to turn on the charm.

Besides hitting a major growth spurt in the past month she is also laughing now and sleeping for 9 hours straight at night. Her latest quirk is grabbing things to suck on. I already shared about the thumb and if she is wearing a dress or shirt you will most likely find her lifting it up and putting it in her mouth like this-

I know this is an age where they explore a lot with their mouths, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is already teething too. Teeth seem to come early in our family. It's just genetic and Z was the same way.

That's the latest with SJ. She's a keeper.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are SO sweet! i love that she fell asleep then woke up and took more photos and that you captured all of that. :) she IS a keeper!

{amy} said...

Yes, she's definitely a keeper! Such cute pics!! I checked out the video you mentioned, & it's so funny! I hadn't seen that one. Have you seen "Wrinkled Ladies"? It's hilarious!

Erin Myers said...

She is such a cutie! I can not believe we havn't seen her yet! ^_^

Dad said...

Wow! I can't believe how much she looks like someone else I knew at that age! :-)

Lauren said...

Love these pics! The tutu looks adorable on her if I don't say so myself ;)