Saturday, July 10, 2010

Then THIS Happened

On August 31, 2008 I wrote a post called "Then This Happened" about my son building with blocks for the first time.
He constructed this little creation and I was over the moon about his new development.

Now here we are almost 2 years later and this is what he is building these days

It's just amazing to watch your children discover new things and grow into beautiful people. When Z turned 2 he was still in diapers, sleeping in a crib, and taking a bottle. My goal was to eliminate those things by the time he turned 3 and somehow we managed to do it. Here he is in his new fire truck pj's and fire truck bed.

He's gone from baby, to toddler, and now he is on his way to becoming a little boy. It's bittersweet, but I am proud of him.

He's rambunctious and strong willed, but he is also a very sensitive and affectionate child. Sometimes I will give him a kiss and he says "thank you mom". The other day he was doing something cute and I said "You just melt my heart" and he said "No, your hearts wight there" and he pointed to this wall hanging in the room.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Aw! He's so sweet! & if he's anything like Cody, he'll be building for MANY years to come!

RYC ~ Nope, I don't think it'll work for you to celebrate 1/2 birthdays!! It's just one more thing to try to remember, really!