Friday, July 30, 2010

Rainy Afternoon


It was a rainy afternoon and the kids were both napping. I knew I had to wake Z up because he has a really hard time getting to bed at night and the later he sleeps the more difficult it is. He wasn't very enthusiastic about the idea of getting out of bed. I picked up the groggy toddler and brought him over to his closet to find an activity to get him going. I knew I had an Ispy book in there somewhere and even though he is too young for the pictures riddles, I figured we could still enjoying looking at it. When I found the book I opened it up I noticed that there was a message in it for me and which I thought was strange. Then I read that it said "I can't wait for you to share this book with my grandchildren. Love- Mom". I had forgotten that it was a gift that I got before I ever had children.

There I was with my son while his sister was asleep in the next room. We went through each colorful page pointing out our own picture riddles. It was the perfect rainy afternoon moment and definitely one of the finer things in life.



Today I am linked up with Finer Things Friday.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Aw! I love that you found the note from your mom! My kids have always loved Ispy books! SO fun!!

Mom2fur said...

It's moments like that which we cherish for the rest of our lives. There's nothing like reading to a child, especially when you can do it one-on-one!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you can visit again to see the finished baby blanket!