Saturday, July 31, 2010

Planned and Unplanned

I had planned on getting a lot more accomplished this week, but time got away from me and my schedule quickly filled up. Some of it I knew about in advance, while other things were a little more spontaneous. Here's what went down this week.

Sunday- Church and a baby shower- PLANNED

Monday- Had friends over for dinner and to play a few rounds of Pit- PLANNED

Ended up playing over 40 rounds of Pit and staying up half the night- UNPLANNED

Tuesday- J called me in the middle of the day and wanted me to meet him for the final night of a worship conference which was led by Brian and Jenn Johnson, some of my favorite worship artists. -UNPLANNED

One of Z's crocs went missing and so I tried to cram him into his size 7 converse with little success. We carried him into Stride Rite barefooted and got him a new pair of Saucony size 9 wide! He wore his size 7 shoes just 6 months ago, talk about a growth spurt! This of course was UNPLANNED.

After the worship service we made an unplanned stop at a McDonald's in Plano for Z to use the restroom. It was the craziest McDonald's I had ever seen. The play land looked like something you should have to pay to get into. Lights, video games, giant sky high play area, and techno music. I didn't have a camera, but here is a photo of the dining area that I snagged from Flickr.

Wednesday- My mom came in from Kentucky for the day. We went to the Alice and Wonderland Summer fest at the Gaylord Texan.- PLANNED



Thursday- J had another burst of spontaneity and had me call the babysitter so that we could have some alone time. We went to a really cool deli and drove around afterwards. This was UNPLANNED, but we PLAN on making more times like these a priority.

Friday- Went to see Where the Wild Things Are at the free outdoor theater downtown.- PLANNED
We left early because Z would was on his worst behaviour. Unplanned!

Saturday- Today we aren't going anywhere! We are just going to chill out at home, or at least that is the PLAN.

3 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

We went to the Wonderland exhibit on Thursday. I loved it!

Crystal said...

That sounds like most of my weeks. Up and down between what I planned and what happens unexpectantly! Sometimes the surprises are good, sometimes disappointing!
It sounds like you had a fun week though!

{amy} said...

Sounds like a mostly good week!! I've never played Pit, but if you played so many rounds it must be fun!! What is it?

{RYC ~ you should totally write one of those lists! I've heard that if you write one, you're more likely to accomplish the things you've always wanted to do! Also, that's awesome that you've known J half your life now! As for my list, I'm counting from when we became a couple, so we have about 3 1/2 years to go!