Monday, July 5, 2010

"You Look Like the 4th of July..."

"makes me want a hot dog real bad." First person to name what movie that line is from gets props. One of my favorite actresses says it. I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. I went to a festival on the 3rd and hung out with family on the 4th. There were lots of fireworks, food, and red white and blue. Here are some photos.

SJ on July 3rd at a community battle of the bands. It's been exactly one year since I found out that I was pregnant with her. It's amazing the difference a year can make.

Dogs in a stroller wearing 4th of July ties?

The sun's in our eyes and the wind was blowing like crazy, but we're proud to be Americans.

4th of July barbecue with J's family. We love to play hand and foot.

And then there's swimming.

In my sister in laws neighborhood there is an unspoken rivalry when it comes to fireworks. Every year the streets are packed with friends and family gathering together to celebrate. It's pretty spectacular to have fireworks going off all around you.

Every year that goes by Z is able to participate and get into each holiday more and more. It makes traditions so much more meaningful.

We didn't get in until after 4:00 am last night which is always a good sign for us night owls. It was a wonderful weekend to be together and remember just how blessed we all are.

5 comments:

Staci said...

Legally Blonde!!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

hmmm. I don't know that line. But I do know that your daughter is beautiful! :)

Erin Myers said...

The hotdog comment would be from the first Legally Blond movie! ^_^ loved that movie. Glad you guys had a great 4th!

Zion said...

YEAH STACI! You win :) and thank you Mary. She's so fun.

Alicia said...

Looks like a really fun 4th! I can't believe people actually have strollers for their dogs...