Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Confession Session


Since yesterday was J's birthday I am making this week's topic all about him. On Sunday night I tried to conduct an informal interview in order to come up with some material straight from the source, but somehow this turned into therapy/confession time. Here is what I gathered:

"In kindergarden I put a piece of construction paper in my ear and forgot about it. A month later my mom smelled something funky and took me to the doctor. So the doc pulled out the construction paper that had rotted in my ear and that took care of it."

"When I was in 2nd grade I stole a pack of gum, but I got caught because my mom found it in my underwear." Then he clarified "It was in a DRAWER, my underwear drawer."

"Then in 4th grade I repeated a crude gesture that I saw another kid in class do, but I got caught and sent to the principal's office. I was ashamed."

These confessions went on and on. Stories of High School, College, the work place, and ministry. Final after about an hour I put down my note pad realizing that this wasn't really going anywhere.

We all remember those moments when we got caught red handed, guilty as charged. My husband just happens to remember a lot of them. Hopefully he feels better after having a chance to let it all out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL
N.L.W.

Becky said...

Ha! Confession is good for the soul I guess!