Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last but not least

I have said a lot of things about my husband this week. I shared a few secrets, showed a few photos, and told some stories about how silly and "unique" he can be at times, but I can't just leave it at that when there are so many other positive qualities about him. So I thought I would show a few more photos to finish things off.

Here he is saying goodbye to some of the kids at the orphanage he visited in Mexico.


Here is a photo of him helping with relief efforts in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.


Here is another photo of him leading worship for kids in England. This is the only time you will ever see J with a shaved head. He shaved it to show support for a young man from our church who was going into the air force. They both shaved their heads together.


He is the college pastor at our church where he mentors all kinds of young men, from Bible school students to recovering drug addicts, but their is one little guy I know that looks up to him more than anybody. This is a photo of Z's first smile and it was when he was looking up at his daddy.



I could go on and on about J's big heart or his generous and compassionate spirit, but he would hate that. He doesn't like to draw attention to himself or do things for show. He would stop this public acknowledgement if he knew about it. The thing is he doesn't read my blog so I can gush about him as much as I want, but before I get too carried away let's just end with one last embarrassing photo.



3 comments:

Becky said...

Love it! He is obviously a treasure. These were fun posts.

Lexi said...

How wonderful for you to gush on him like that...if he knew it, he would appreciate it :)

And as far as the dog thing goes...I would have liked to get rid of the one we had rather than adding another, but I have to let Chris win SOME things. I am kind of nervous about the expense of all these things too, but Chris never worries about that. Pray for my sanity and financial security!

Anonymous said...

gotta' love that last pic - even the aussie hairspray (which obviously gave him that rad hair) got some credit. ;)