Tuesday, February 23, 2010

38 weeks

I absolutely can not believe I am 38 weeks already! I still have a lot of things left to complete, but I try to remind myself that even if the baby were to come tomorrow it would work out fine. Z was born at 39 weeks, so in about a week we'll know if this pregnancy is shorter or longer than the last. Here is an updated photo taken today along with the side by side comparison from each trimester.



As far as my ups and downs for the week, I must say it was pretty uneventful since I was still sick most of the time. However, thanks to my mom and mother in law some stuff did get accomplished.

First Up- We have everything ready from the home birth supply list. It's a small thing, but I am relieved to have it done.

Second Up- J's parents gave us their old king size mattress and that got set up last week. You may remember me complaining about lack of room on our old bed and I never expected that we would actually get an upgrade before the baby came, so I am pretty excited! I love the extra space.

My downs for the week are pretty much the same as before. I felt miserable almost all week and even though I was getting better I had lots of drainage that would cause me to throw up, and you know, that's always fun. Also, I would have started maternity leave if I hadn't had to reschedule because of being sick and over all I've just felt extremely discouraged and limited.

However, now I am feeling much much better and thrilled to be back on my feet.

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

you're so close!!! can't wait to meet sweet sedona!!!

TracyL26 said...

You look amazing, love your belly pictures! I'm so excited to hear how your home birth goes, you'll be my first friend to ever do this. We'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

you are just one of the most beautiful pregnant women i have ever seen - i'm serious!