Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Pathetic Looks Like

I am currently lying in bed with a waste basic next to me overflowing with all my used tissues. I look terrible, I sound horrible, and I feel MISERABLE. I knew that Z had a cold, and I knew a couple days ago that I was starting to feel it coming on, but I didn't not expect this.

Last night I woke up several times with pain in my throat that was absolutely excruciating! Finally I woke J up to let him know what was going on. I asked if he could stay home or at least go in late, which is something I would never do unless I felt like it was an emergency. I just knew I wasn't going to be able to handle this one on my own, not with being 8 months pregnant, and not with a two year old needing to be cared for. I have been in bed all day. I hate the fact that after 8 months of being healthy it finally hits me and I have had to revert to drugs. Ugh. I feel pain and congestion all throughout my head and neck and I have almost lost my voice entirely. I know it won't last forever, but I just wish I could fast forward to the end when I feel like myself again.

Sorry for the pity party. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am.

6 comments:

nurmisur said...

Hope you feel better soon.
One good thing is that you only have to revert to medicine now that your baby is all grown-up. It would be worse if it was in the begining of the pregnancy.
Now she is strong enough.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Ugh. I have a cold, but it's not this bad. Rest while you can and feel better soon!!!!

Becky said...

Do you think you have strep? I think
excruciating pain that wakes you up sounds like strep. I think you should get checked out!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

:( I'm so sorry... we've been pathetic over here, too. hope you're 100% really soon!

{amy} said...

I'm sorry you feel miserable! I wish I lived closer, so I could help you out a little! I hope you feel better SOON! {that's one way to kick the ice & kit kat habit!!}

TracyL26 said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!