Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Ultimate Baby Shower

My baby shower was 3 weeks ago, but I finally have a chance to look back on it all.

With my first pregnancy there were 3 separate showers. This time there was one big baby shower at the church thrown by the ladies ministry, and what a shower it was! The turn out of 48 women was overwhelming, but in a good way. To see the outpouring of love from ladies just wanting to celebrate this little baby on the way was more than I could have ever imagined!

I had some of my best friends from High school come out.

My midwife was there to be a part of it all.

So many women from the church that are just as close as family to me.

My mom was able to come down from Kentucky.

All of the women from J's family came down too.


Once again, I know I sound so sappy, but I was genuinely blessed by the whole event and I will never forget how special that day made me feel. Two women in particular (Michelle and Teressa) worked very hard to make it happen and they do an amazing job at pulling off a party like this. They coordinated the decorations with all of the colors from the bedding I chose. They were constantly making sure that I was comfortable, they whisked away each present and card as I opened them one by one, and by the time I was ready to leave they were all organized and packed away in my car without me ever even realizing it.


There was a little journal that they had written down the prayers that were spoken over me and the baby. Every little detail was covered!

Some other details that were special included all the professional photographs taken by one of my best friends, and the cake made from scratch by a lady in the church.

I LOVE home made gifts and some of my favorites were, a knitted hat, booties, and blanket, a CD with an original lullaby for the baby, and a wall hanging for her room.


Sorry to go on and on, but to everyone involved that is reading this thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, what an event! You all looked gorgeous, and that cake is incredible. Definitely a cut above the usual baby shower!

Anonymous said...

YOU are so special and worth it! this is going to sound so corny, but when i was buying the crackers for the shower i instinctively picked up the off-brand ritz (which i buy for us and they crumble easily but they taste ok), but then i thought "no, natalie deserves the real ritz!" :P you really do. :)