Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thawing Out

It's been over a week that I've been pretty much confined to the bed, but it looks like things are starting to improve now. I got out of the house for the first time today for my prenatal check up and the baby's doing great. I am still struggling with a lot of sinus pressure, and the drainage makes me throw up so that's just one more thing to add to my lovely list of ailments. I did end up filling my prescription and it seems to be working. This has been one of the worst viruses I've ever battled.

As for the snow storm all that's left is some piles of Frosty sculptures slowly melting away along with tree branches and debris that were a result of the heavy 12 inches. I mentioned last week that one of our tree limbs dented our neighbors truck and he implied that our home owners insurance should cover it. Well, we contacted our insurance and the balls in his court on this one, so that's one less worry. J took pictures of everything and eventually I plan on posting them.

Lastly, here is a late update for my two ups and two down for week 37

Up #1- Before I got sick I was able to return all the baby shower gifts that were duplicates. It's not easy with the multiple stores and some items including encoded gifts receipts others a complete mystery, but I managed to get it all done and that felt good.

Up #2- J and his brother got some home improvement projects done on the house including trim and paint that has been left unfinished for years. Once again I hope to have photos eventually, it's very exciting to the house coming together as we prepare for the new addition.

Down #1- Getting sick!!!

Down #2- Lots of cancellations. Photo shoots, couples night out at church, my prenatal home visit, all cancelled. The one good thing was that it was because of the weather, so I didn't have to be too depressed about my sickness ruining everything, because they would have been cancelled anyway.

I'll be continuing to and recuperate the rest of the week, but after that there is more nesting that needs to happen and I am starting to get very anxious.


1 comment:

{amy} said...

I'm glad you're on the mend & will be able to finish nesting! I remember "needing" to get stuff done, but unable to do it for various reasons!