Friday, February 12, 2010

Not At My Best

It's been on the news about the record breaking snow that hit the DFW area on Thursday. I woke up early still feeling miserable and looked outside to see the beginnings of a winter wonderland. The snow lifted my spirits a little after feeling so sick and so weak. I opened all the blinds so that I could enjoy the enchanted scenery as I did my best to recuperate from whatever this illness is that I have. As the day went on the sky continued to pour out buckets of huge lovely flakes that sparkled all over the ground and everything was white, completed untainted white.

Around 5:00 pm it began to shift from enchanting to intimidating. There were multiple cracking sounds as large branches that could no longer hold the weight of the snow came crashing down. The giant old cedar tree beside our house has lost several large branches and probably will not make it through this storm. Then power lines began to spark and as soon as J got home he went outside to clear whatever "unsafe" debris he could. By this time we had 8 inches of snow and all of the trees in our yard were leaning over with their branches reaching all the way to the ground.

In the mean time, I have a low grade fever and since I am 3 days into this thing I am beginning to realize that I am dealing with more than the common cold. I won't bore you with a list of symptoms, but after trying everything that is allowed during pregnancy I still feel like I could just die. Although even with the heightened emotions of pregnancy, I am well aware that I am not actually going to die from a sinus infection, or whatever this is, on the other hand I am feeling very serious about getting to the bottom of this before anything damaging does happen to me or the baby. The problem is we are now snowed in and I am not going to be able to go to the Doctor tomorrow as planned.

It's currently 4:00 am and I can barely breath, let alone sleep. I know everyone is having a blast with school cancellations, sledding, snowmen, and everything that a snow day should be. I hate being the "debbie downer" of it all, but that is where things are at here, and any prayers are certainly appreciated.

2 comments:

Michele R said...

Am thinking of you. When I had 4 weeks left to go with baby #2 I got a sinus infection. Of course as you can imagine I never had even taken a tylenol during preg or labor. After many days of misery I finally got an antibiotic: bactrim?? (it begin with a B) and it knocked it out. Could the doc call something in? Do you have CVS and Minute Clinic? They are staffed by an RN and can do an Rx. Most important is to not get dehydrated. Take care!

Anonymous said...

my goodness, it sounds really bad. :( i am most def. praying for you and sedona... everything WILL be fine!