Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 Things To Do This Spring

Top 10 things I will hopefully accomplish in the Spring


1. Fly a Kite

"up to the highest heights"


2. Change Out Closet Clothes

The kiddos have very limited closet space. It's time to weed out the winter clothing and things they've outgrown


SJ looks so cute. I don't know what I am going to do if we are ever the same size. She will probably have to lock up her closet.

3. Go Camping

Our church is having a retreat at Meridian park in a couple weeks. This will be my first time camping with children!


4. Walk to the Store

It's been a long time since I've gone to Braum's, CVS, or one of the other nearby stores by way of foot. With the weather changing I plan on doing this more often.


5. Sell Stuff

I have to declutter and I need money, but I am just not motivated. That has got to change! Look out Ebay, yard sale, and Craig's List. Here I come!


6. Get an iphone

I've held out for so long and EVERYONE in my family (make that almost everyone I know) has an iphone. As much as I enjoy being stubborn and counterculture my turn may be coming. I will keep you posted.


7. Get a Tan?

I don't really care about being tan, but I wouldn't mind a slight golden glow coming into the summer months. I will probably be outside with the kids everyday, so there is definitely potential.


8. Spring Cleaning

I've been trying to tackle a different zone of my house each month in 2011. The spring line up includes organizing the kitchen, kid's room and attic. Eeek.


9. Poetry Reading

There is another art festival coming up and I am considering reading some of my poems. We'll see.


10. Blue Bonnet Photos

It's a Texas tradition, but I've never felt right about making my little man pose by himself in a field of flowers. Now that we have a girl this may be our first year to join in on the fun.


What are your plans? Do our lists match in anyway?


SJ's first pair of flip flops.



Now head on over to Oh Amanda for more Top Ten Tuesday.

9 comments:

Emily T. Thomas said...

#1 and #2 - on my list too. looking forward to the kite flying the clothes change out, not so much :/
Blessings!
LIB
http://bit.ly/e7153A

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

I could most definitely use a tan! :) And we also have tons of stuff to sell off...I just have to brave the evil ebay listing page lol.

{amy} said...

I remember going to a church campout when I was pregnant with Cody. {Funny that you would mention Mandy yesterday ~ that's when Elizabeth started calling her "Friend"! & yes, it's crazy that she beat you to motherhood!} I just sold a few things at Plato's Closet yesterday & got $16. Not much, but more than I had with the stuff just sitting in my closet! I was just thinking that I could use a little golden glow!

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow, you always take the prettiest pictures! I wish I were that talented. :D

I long for a tan too all the time but spend so much time indoors it's hard to get one. BUT I do tan easy when I go outside. So maybe I should check the mail myself instead of having my boys do it from now on? Heh heh.

Not sure of my spring cleaning plans of yet but I do have a blog coming up about the subject. :D

Erynne Nicole said...

Ohh I am definitly walking more now that the weather is getting nicer. AND Craigslist is one of my favorite things right now! Especially for getting rid of things!
Amanda and gabe informed me that they would not be posing for me in the bluebonnets this year... I laughed and said "That's what you think!!!" haha I can't wait! I will likely bribe them with something happy!

Staceemaree said...

Ooooh, Spring Cleaning. I've tackled a few jobs, but mostly I'm procrastinating like I've never procrastinated before!

Katie @ Mama the Reader said...

Oh, those chubby flip flop baby feet! Too much. :) I seriously need to do a major eBay sale around here. Thanks for reminding me.

laughwithusblog said...

I would love an iphone but my man says "no" so I will be content! :) We hope to get bluebonnet pictures again this year too!!!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Oh the closet situation. I NEED to do the switch but keep putting it off. I am loving your idea of the different zones for cleaning. I am natural born cleaner but I am loving the idea of zones :)