Sunday, March 13, 2011

SLEEP!

Today we observed the notorious daylight savings time. SPRING AHEAD they say. I don't know if spring is the right verb to describe what my family does after loosing an hour, but whatever. It's not that we have some kind of schedule to mess up, because we mostly just go with the flow around here.

Our sleeping arrangements are so dysfunctional I won't even go into it, but I am sure it is probably the opposite of what you will find recommended in any parenting books. We find sleep when and wherever we can. My mom calls it musical beds. All I know is that by morning usually everyone ends up in my bed.
Except the other night when I accidently fell asleep with Z in his bed, I woke up early in the morning and he was gone. I guess he likes snuggling with his daddy more because he left to go to our room. In fact the whole family was in my bed except for me! Something is just not right about that.

So, back to daylight savings time. Z was not in anyway interested in going to bed an hour early even though we had to get up early for church the next day. We are almost always the last ones to leave the building on Sundays and it is always a long day for us. I could tell the kids were exhausted. While J was getting the last of his music equipment packed up Z found a "soft spot" on the ground and just passed out right there.
That boy will never admit to being tired and he never slows down, but he does crash, on occasion.

When it comes to our wacky musical beds here is a little clip I pulled off youtube that I think some of us can relate to all too well.

How did you handle daylight savings time this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a bad day at our house on Sat. and being an older couple without kids it was easy to go to bed sooo early we didn't loss anything. I think was got 10 hours sleep.
N.L.W.

Katie @ Mama the Reader said...

These photos cracked me up. I am embarrassed to admit that I crawled in to Jude's crib once too. Scott told me it was dangerous, but I didn't break it. :) And I got him to calm down for sleep, which was the point.

Oh sleep, you used to be so important to me, but now I am happy and somehow functional if I can simply get a good 4-5 hours. Funny how motherhood re-programs you.

Amy said...

See, now I do feel better? I'm not the only mother that goes into "survival mode". :)

Martianne said...

I had to come over to see your sleep picture. Oh, I am glad I am not alone with musical beds! :) Great shots.