Sunday, March 6, 2011

P-A-R-T-WHY? Because We Love To

I know when I get started on something my friends and readers never get to hear the end of it. I can't help myself. Whether it's the cereal party I had in high school or the "2nd wedding" I had for our 10th anniversary, I love event planning. Last year I wrote a post called the unparty where I explained that I will only throw big parties for my kids about every other year. I think the reason I set these limits for us is because I know I can't hold myself back, I have to go all out. I love to party. Not Charlie Sheen party, but you know, sprinkles and balloons birthday kind of party.

SJ's first birthday went above and beyond my expectations. It was incredible! I will post more details for top 10 Tuesday, but let me just say I personally was blown away. I was worried about her being overwhelmed and clingy, but she loved every minute of it and was the happiest I have ever seen her! Her brother Z did great too here he is helping blow out the candle.

She has never had cookies, chocolate, cake or anything like that so the cake eating was the highlight of the party as everyone anticipated how she would react to her first taste of sweets. She loved the chocolate. Would you expect anything else from my offspring!?

Contrary to what I expected she was very interested in her presents and was attentive the whole time.

I know a lot of people probably think it was stressful. It wasn't at all and I know it looks like it cost a small fortune, but it didn't. It was all done very economically and many people that love SJ very much pulled together to make it happen. I know she won't remember this party, but I will. I will cherish it forever.

5 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

C-U-T-E party! It looks like a whole lot of fun.

{amy} said...

Aw! It looks like it was a great 1st birthday party! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! :) & I'm glad she got a little messy with the chocolate! It makes for way more fun pictures!!

Virginia Revoir said...

OMGosh, I LOOOVE the cupcakes! Wow! I wish I had more time to do that.

Maybe if I wasn't chasing my tail cleaning all the time. Life is just happier with Cupcakes in it. I seriously need to take the time. :D

Anonymous said...

You two parents look so happy!!! And so does S!! What a wonderful day.
--Michele R. (Must be a full moon)

Jenn said...

You did such a great job with the party! She will really appreciate everything when she can look back at the wonderful pictures of her special day. Thanks for stopping by my site and for the sweet comment! I will be back to visit.