Saturday, March 19, 2011

Because That Makes Me So Happy

All week I've been blogging about Z. I started by sharing his unconventional sleep patterns, his own preschooler language, his first library book, and his creative imagination.

He really is becoming such a little boy, not a baby, not even a toddler anymore (insert pouty face here). But I am also loving the new stage that he is entering into. A little more independent, helpful, and a little more self control (a LITTLE).

He cracks me up with some of his grown up statements. Like yesterday when I asked him if he wanted to go outside with me and SJ he stopped me in my tracks by responding with "Actually, I'll just stay here. You guys go ahead." This just didn't seem like a sentence that went along with his squeaky little 3 year old voice! And he loves to say "because", for example "I can't get in the car and that's because it's too difficult" or "Can I give you a kiss? Because that will make you so happy!"

Then last week he amazed me again when he drew this picture that kind of reassembled a cross. I asked him what it was and he said "God". He has never really talked about anything like this before. I couldn't save it since it was on the magna doodle so I took a picture.
He still gets in lots of trouble of course, I don't want to be misleading. He is headstrong to say the least, but we have a discipline chart now that shows actions and consequences and it has helped because Sid the Science kid uses charts and so he gets it.

Sorry to bombard you with Z stories all week, but I want to make sure his latest achievements don't slip through the cracks now that he is no longer the baby. I know that these things will just be far away memories someday and I want to be able to soak up as much as I can while I am still in the moment, "because that makes me so happy."

4 comments:

{amy} said...

Aw! He's such a cutie with an adorable little personality! It's crazy when they start using those big words! I love it!!

{amy} said...

OK, that was SO weird! We were commenting on each others' blogs at the same time!!

Erynne Nicole said...

I love watching the kids grow up with all thier new words sentences and whatnot. It's funny how many details I forgot before I had Bella.
Z is so cute !I love your little stories about him!

Virginia Revoir said...

Ohhh, he is sooooo cute. I love that picture of him and his grown up statement. Adorable!

You mentioned on my blog about how I handle six. I remember having two and to be honest, it was just as hard for me back then. Each one came with a new challenge but I got adjusted to each one. Two was harder than one. 3 was harder than two. So on. Now, because I have 6, when 3 go off to school, having 3 at home feels like a breeze because I just went down in numbers. See what I mean? lol. That all sounds confusing. I try to tell people that each number was hard for me because I had to get adjusted and stretched just a little more with each one.

You'd probably fall over if I told you I about died with my first one. I thought I'd never survive and I cried a lot. Haha! Yeah, it wasn't funny back then but I laugh now!