Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Brink

Just when I think we went straight from winter to summer here in south Dallas, it starts getting cool again and it happened literally overnight. I went to check the weather this weekend and this is what I foundWe were technically about to go from the 90's to the 40's. There is an old saying that
"there ain't nothin' between Texas and the North Pole but an old barbed-wire fence and its down most of the time"
This means that there isn't much to slow down the polar and arctic air masses that move rapidly across Texas battling the southernly winds (so I've been told). This does leave a fair amount of unpredictability in how to dress myself and the two little ones each morning. Flip flops and a bright yellow flower headband one day, fuzzy boots and fuchsia tights the next. Eh, for the baby, not me.


If I ever get an iphone I want the swackett app so that these cool little "peeps" can tell me what to wear everyday.



What is the weather doing in your neck of the woods? Have you pulled out your sunflower hair clip yet or is it still too soon?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh come on, you would be just as cute in fuschia tights and fuzzy boots... :D

{amy} said...

I completely understand! What makes it worse for me is the fact that we now have an attached garage again. So I've been known to show up somewhere in short sleeves only to get out of my van & find that it's stinking COLD! I should know to always carry a sweater! I'm totally checking out that app! Sometimes knowing the temperature isn't enough to determine what to wear!

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow! That's crazy! But I live in Arizona. Sometimes the weather is weird but not nearly as weird has what your weather did. Yikes! It's been beautiful here but chilly sometimes at night. Kids are already playing in the water everyday. :D I looove the summer but truly dislike the 115 degree weather. It gets really hot over there too right?

Virginia Revoir said...

By the way, the pics were sooo cute! :D

Anonymous said...

I wasn't in town at the time but I'm told it snow 1.5" Sat-Sun morning, in Kentucky. It's all gone now. The weatherman said spring is in sight again.
N.L.W.

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

It's freezing in Ohio right now. I had on my Uggs and North Face almost the entire weekend! What I wouldn't give to put away my winter coat for good. I thought it was Spring?! I am so ready for warmth! :)

Stef said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! Those sandals are absolutely darling!

Stef