Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Swing of Things


Last week while I was inside trying to do a video about freezer cooking J was outside building a swing set for the kids.


It all began with my parents getting SJ a baby swing for her birthday, but we didn't have a tree branch that we could hang it from so it turned into a little lumber project.

We had some friends over to help. One of them helped me out by recording the video and the other one worked with J on the swing set.

Both projects took about the same amount of time and we all sat down for a nice meal together afterwards.

The kids are so happy with their new play equipment, and I am all for anything that encourages fresh air and activity (something that can be hard to come by these days).

I think now we are officially ready to swing into spring.


Today I am linking up with Try New Adventures Thursday with Alicia, because the cooking tutorial video and the DIY swing set are both new adventures to us!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

How awesome is that! Gosh, it's nice to have handy men around, isn't it? The swing looks GREAT. I'm off to watch your freezer cooking video...

{amy} said...

Yay for a swing set! No offense intended toward my mister, but it would never cross his mind to build a swing set! :D

Marlene said...

Now I know why Mary loves to go next door and swing on there wings

Anonymous said...

fun! we have that same blue swing and the kids love it. :) although, when we had that snow this winter peter threw a snowball (rather fast and hard) at the swing and i guess because of the cold the plastic was brittle and the snowball broke a good size hole in the back. :( it's still usable though... just remember that for the future. :P

Sarah @ Loved Like the Church said...

What an awesome swing set! Our new house has one and I am so happy! Enjoy it! :)