Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Decorations



Part of my job as a freelance photographer is photographing beautiful homes for a local magazine.I just got back from shooting a historic home that was very elaborately decorated for the holidays. They were getting ready for a dinner party that they are going to be throwing tomorrow night. As I walked into this magical antique winter wonderland I began clicking away at every little detail. They had garland and cranberries wrapped around their stair case, poinsettias in the parlor, Santa hats on the animals in the trophy room, and Christmas soaps in the powder room. This home was definitely magazine worthy.

My home on the other hand is more of an explosion, this goes for anytime of year, but at Christmas it is customary for it to become a red and green explosion. Pretty much anything goes. I have a glass angel snow globe from my husbands former employer next to a dancing Christmas tree I got as a gag gift. The above photo is of my family's Christmas tree from a couple years ago. The white stuff is packaging popcorn. You get so much of it around this time of year, why not put it to good use.



I think the beautiful themed Christmas arrangements that you see in the stores are great, but as for me the cheesier the better. So if you ever get me any Christmas decorations, no gift receipt necessary, I'll find a place for it somewhere.

No comments: