Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deals for the Week- I paid tax?



I did have any earth shattering deals. I need some disposable diapers because we are going to Kentucky for Christmas/New Years and so I thought I would use up some of my ECB's. I got all of the above for $1.49

Here is the weird part, I gave more than enough ECB's to walk out with paying nothing out of pocket, but the cashier couldn't get the tax to go away. I kept giving more ECB's and they just wouldn't scan. She asked her manager over, no one could do anything about it or explain why. I have never had this happen before. It's not that I mind paying $1.49 for 2 jumbo packs of diapers, but I am wondering if this is something that I should expect from now on. Anyone else have an experience like this?


(2) 34 count packs of Huggies- $10 each -(2) $1.00 Q
(2) 80 count packages of Huggies wipes- $3.00 each
1 Powerade- $1.59

-$18.69 ECB's
-%25 off mail Q ($6.78)

Total OOP= $1.49

Earned ECB's= $6.59

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was just looking through your blog and I like it, so I thought why not leave you a comment... :)

I have a fun blog here and I hope you will stop by and get to know us.... see ya soon.... :D

Maria said...

I think it may have to do with the mailer coupon and the order you presented your MQs and ECBs.

I'm thinking the register read it as a $6.78 mq and I'm guessing you gave them your Huggies MQ before the ECB too so it is programmed to taxed the difference. Your taxable amount is now $20 and the ECB will only cover the subtotal and not the tax.

Had you given your ECBs first and then the MQs the MQs will pay for the tax.

Anonymous said...

It's because ECBs can not be used to pay tax.