Saturday, December 20, 2008

Life Aquatic and Waffle House


My family may be a little odd at times, but at least we are all odd together. Many of our holiday gatherings fall short of the average American traditions. That is unless you consider eating at the waffle house and then going to the movie theater to catch the premiere of The Life Aquatic a typical family Christmas. That would be a summery of December 25, 2005 for us.

This year we plan on going to see Marley and Me. I can assure you that wherever we go we will be leaving HUGE tips and lots of holiday cheer!

I think the biggest Christmas tradition no matter who you are or where you are from is GIVING. It all began with God's gift to the world, sending his son and that is of course why we celebrate. There are so many great opportunities around this time of year and it is a big tradition for us to buy gifts for children in need each Christmas. I look forward to my son being old enough to understand what this tradition is all about. Yes, I know we should be giving all year round, just like at Thanksgiving we should be thankful all year round, but why not give MORE just for the occasion? That is what Christmas is all about giving to each other and giving to those in need.

All this talk about decorating, eating, and giving is making me revved up for the big week we have coming up. We leave tomorrow to go to Kentucky to be with that crazy family of mine. I will be sure to leave some updates. In the meantime everyone have a safe, fun, and blessed holiday!

No comments: