Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Movies



It just isn’t Christmas without watching a few Holiday themed movies. I just watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special a couple nights ago and I can’t help but get teary eyed. The part where Linus explains what Christmas is all about and then at the end when he says “I never thought it was such a bad little tree.
It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.” Goodness gracious, somebody get the tissues.

Don’t miss all your favorites, find out what Christmas movies are on when, at chiff.com. They give an extensive holiday specials line up for 2008. There are a lot of Christmas Classics new and old that I enjoy, but if I had to narrow it down, my top three would probably be...

1. Trapped in paradise – This is the one Christmas movie my family watches every year. The cast includes Nicholas Cage, John Levitz, and Dana Carvey so you know It’s a hilarious and I believe it would be what they call a “feel good” movie.

2. A Muppets Christmas Carol- This movie is not only my favorite version of a chrismas carol, but it is my favorite Muppets movie too. It is really funny and I love the music. Directed by Brian Henson, and starring Michael Caine with the Muppets of course!

3. White Christmas- Starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen.I used to HATE this movie when I was a kid. Now though, I just can’t get enough of the music, the dancing, and that 1950’s charm. If you are going to sing about my favorite getaway (Vermont) then you’ve got me hooked.


I am not a sucker for all things Christmas though. I hate claymation, that means Rudolph is out. The Little Drummer Boy too, ever since I was little the clay creations scared me. These days I can tolerate them somewhat, but I still find it all to be a little bit creepy. I am also not a big fan of the disfuncuntional family films that seem to premiere every year. Last year was "This Christmas" and "The family Stone" , this year is "Four Christmases" and "Nothing Like the Holidays". I have never seen these movies so I don't know if they are any good or not. My thoughts are if I want good old fashioned family drama, I don't have to pay money to see it, if you know what I mean.

Those are pretty much my picks for Christmas Flicks. What about you? Any favorites?

4 comments:

Hannah said...

peter and i decided to only rent christmas movies from netflix this month - kind of cheesy, but we're having fun...

Anonymous said...

I like "While you Were Sleeping" Sandra Bullock is always good, and she looks like my daughter. And they live happily ever after.
N.L.W.

Chuck & Chels said...

i love Home Alone 1 and 2. i laugh like a ten year old at the pranks in that movie.

chuck's fav is the muppet christmas carol. it's already been played through at least twice this season.

charlie brown is another fav! i'm with you on the claymation, not too interested. (unless it's wallace & gromet)

Lexi said...

I like a lot of your favs as well...although I do like the Rudolph claymation...I don't find it creepy. White Christmas is a definite favorite!

Oh and DON'T go see Four Christmas' it was horrible and not at all a feel good movie, I hate to say I wasted my money seeing that stupid movie. I love Reese Witherspoon, but this one was a flop for sure.