Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why I love: The Battery Powered Frother





My husband got a milk frother my from my parents as a Christmas gift several years ago and we love it. One of the best things about fancy coffee drinks compared to the standard cup of joe is the foam. If you are wanting to save a little mula by making some of your lattes at home, but you miss the frothy topping, fret no more. All you need is a battery powered milk frother. In fact if you are like me and that is one of your favorite parts you can add foam "till the cows come home" (sorry, I had a teacher that used that expression and it just came back to me.)

These little gadgets are easy to use, inexpensive, and I think we are proof that they make great Christmas gifts too. They cost around $10.00 and you can get them at places like Target, or select coffee shops. They run on 2 AA batteries, which seem to last forever.

A hand milk frother is basically just a tiny propeller whisk that you use to froth your milk if you don't have a cappuccino machine. They can also work for home made whipped cream, which is the best kind. The picture above is of a pumpkin spice latte that I made with the recipe I posted on here the other day. I can usually do more light and fluffy froth, but I was in hurry. Tis season, for givings receiving, frothing and drinking. Here's to the battery powered frother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a cappuccino machine but I don't always what to run the whole thing just to froth. I think I need a frothier.
N.L.W.