Saturday, December 13, 2008

From the Mansions of Dallas to the Villages of Africa

I began this week talking about a my little excursion through the upscale part of Dallas. It was a fun venture with beautiful sites and petty conversion. Since then I experienced something that me look at where we are, who we are, and what we are doing from a entirely different perspective. That is why I would like to finish off this week with a slide show I put together of the African Children's choir. They ministered to us on Thursday evening at our church. You could call it a concert, but that just doesn't seem fitting. They touched our hearts as they poured out their worship to the Lord. I will never forget these kids. They came from some of the most impoverished and war torn villages, as orphans and street kids. Now they are serving God around the world through their beautiful powerful gift of song and dance. I was moved to tears by it all. You might be thinking "yeah, well you cried watching Charlie Brown's Christmas too", but this time I wasn't the only one. Everyone in the room felt it. Grown men were crying. It is something you would have to experience for yourself. For more information including, opportunities to help, tour schedules, and music check out www.AfricanChildrensChoir.com

This song is called Ndyahimbisa from the album It Takes A Whole Village.





*** Choir 32 will continue to be touring all over Texas through February!***

No comments: