Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10 Fun Products For Ages 0-3

This week I am joining Oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday to lists of some of the things the kids AND I have come to love over the past 3 years.

1. Blankets and Beyond

It's a blankie and rattle in one. Soft and fun for the tiniest little new one.

2. Fisher Price 3 in 1 rocking gym

Both of my babies have enjoyed playing with this activity center.

3. Picture Me Book

You add your own photo to this book. This one is personalized Ann Gedes motifs. Z has loved reading this together and it will be a special keepsake as well. I've already put in a request with grandma to get one for SJ too!

4. Leap Frog Learn and Groove

Even from the very first years all kinds of musical instruments are a must have in our home.

5. Hug and Learn Baby Tad

I love this frog! There are lots of great educational songs and features for daytime and a soothing night time setting that plays classical music (I have listened to these songs HUNDREDS of times).

6. Fisher Price 3 in 1 Rocking Gym

Did I already mention this one? Well, it can be converted into a rocking toy when your child gets older and so it's really like two separate items. This particular toy has gone through over 4 different kiddos so it obviously holds up well.

7. Crocs

They aren't a toy or a book, but I can't leave them off the list. Crocs was literally one of my sons first words. They must be comfortable because he would wear them all the time (with or without clothes as shown in #4) They are great indoors, outdoors, in water or mud, and they clean up so easy!


8. Samsonite Penguin Back Pack

This has been the most COMPLIMENTED accessory I have ever known. The beaks squeak and makes carrying your own stuff fun, which means a lighter load for mom and dad!

9. Crayola Tadoodles Paint


I am all about anything that allows children to be artistic and this paint is easy for babies to grasp. It is also easy for mom to clean, it comes off of anything!

10. The Noisy Airplane ride

In 3 years Z has been on 10 airplane rides, and SJ has flown twice. This book helps children learn about the airport, flight, and what to expect along the way.

It's hard to sift through all of the stuff that you supposedly need for a child to grow and flourish developmentally in the early years. While this list isn't exhaustive, these are some of the things that I've found helpful or enjoyable so far. What about you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the list. I makes me feel special.
N.L.W.

Amy said...

Great list... Amen on the Crocs. Our house could not live without them!

Crystal said...

Good list! One thing for us is the Leapfrog, Scout or Violet stuffed animals. They learn the childs name, fav color, and fav food, and he/she sings about it in a number of different songs. It also has a timed bedtime music, and talks and asks questions. My daugther actually loved the one I got for my son for Christmas so much we went out and got her one (though she was 4 and the toy is 6m-3y). They both now LOVE them!!

The Sweetest Things said...

I am loving your site. And those kids, how adorable are they! I will add you to my favorites and keep checkin back (daily if possible) Have a blessed day.♥☺

Heather said...

Love your photos -- and I'm looking forward to checking out that airplane book! A little preventive maintenance, I figure. :)

{amy} said...

There are so many new things since mine were babies!

Katie said...

OMG I have to get that guitar for Jude.