Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Site, New Look

This time last week I found out that my blog had disappeared and I haven't written much since then other than a couple of woe is me posts. I have been doing a lot behind the scenes though and I think I just about ready to go. Here are some of the changes that have transpired-

I purchased a new domain name
I purchased the old blog name and I am still working on getting an automatic redirect (thank you Crystal)
I made minor modifications like changing my profile and the logo (or header) shown above
I added new static pages, like about me, about the messies, and blogroll! My old about me page had this supposedly current photo,

but a lot has changed since then,

so it was definitely time for an update.

In January of 2009 I changed my background and said that it was "very temporary"

a year and a half later I went ahead and finally changed it.

I had bookmarked this background sometime ago. Green is my favorite color, plus I love "vintagey" stuff. The 75 cents tickets represents my frugality, and the tattered edges represent my messiness, so I thought it was a good fit.

There are still lots of little things I am working on, but it will have to do for now. This whole blog loss fiasco has been an unwanted challenge, but I believe all things happen for a reason and it's caused me to do a lot of cleaning up around here, and needless to say cleaning up does not come naturally for me. Hence the NAME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the new look! it looks very much like your style and it's appealing to look at. :) i'm glad you're getting everything back in order!

Anonymous said...

and i just read your new about me and the messies - i like that. :)

{amy} said...

I like what you've done around here! :) I'm sorry it has been so crazy! I ended up having to stop following you & then re-follow you. It was still doing that odd thing I mentioned earlier, where you didn't show up in my feed but it registered as your new address. I don't know! I hope you're able to redirect the old site for those who aren't aware of what happened.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Super cute! I love this shabby chic look! :)

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

Love the new look - cuteness!!