Saturday, August 21, 2010

52 Weeks

Yesterday I finished up my rhyming recap of the past 52 weeks of blogging. When I began blogging a couple years ago I had no idea what I was getting into, but it sounded like fun. I have always loved writing whether it be journaling, poetry, or school projects. My family can verify that writing has always been a part of me. Although blogging is a wonderful way of connecting with people, I am not going lie, it can be intimidating. Especially when you read a profile that's like

"I am just your average mom. I occasionally model for J. Crew, where I also work as a full time designer. I love to work out, and travel. You can read more about me in my best selling book "Your Average Mom". Thank you for being the One Millionth person to read this today!"

Okay, I've never read that profile, but some are pretty close, and it shouldn't matter, but the ugly, jealous, insecurity in me rears it's head in times of vulnerability. Thankfully I know God is watching out for me and no matter how many times I forget his promises he is patient enough to redirect my steps. One day when I was feeling especially glum about the blog life, a series of coincidental clicks led me to a post called If Blogging Makes You Feel Small and it hit the spot!

Nothing gives me quite the sense of fulfillment and inadequacy all at the same time like blogging does and I love it. Here's to creativity, growth, encouragement, self expression, and memories. Here's to another year of blogging.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

I totally know how you feel! The post that you linked to was good!

ohAmanda said...

So true, Natalie! But let me say, even if I didn't know you IRL I'd love your blog!! So glad we found each other again!!

a