Monday, August 30, 2010

Changing with the times

When I was in High School or even college age I felt like in some ways I was the standard for trends. Not that I was all that cool, but I just went with the flow and didn't even think about what made our culture tick. Now it's like a conscious effort just to find out what the band wagon is and decide whether or not I want to get on it.

This week I plan on exploring what the new norm is for our tech savvy generation. In hopes that through a little research or some helpful comments I can get caught up with what is happening in the world of texting, tweeting, and tumblring.

I like what Drew Barrymore's character says in He's Just Not That Into You

"I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies.
It's exhausting."

In the year 2010 we are at the beginning of a decade at the beginning of a new millineum and it can be a bit exhausting, but it's exciting too. Maybe this week will be just what I need to keep my fears of being stuck in the past from becoming a reality.

Speaking of being stuck in the past (and techie stuff) what retro driven 2004 film ends with a post credit song in which the first line is "I Love Technology"? Answer correctly to get a shout out in the next post!

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I should know this one, due to the nature of my blog. In reality, I don't know much about music. I had to look it up, so it wouldn't be fair if I answered! :) The only way I somewhat keep up with technology is through my mister, so I don't think I'll be of much help to you!