Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby Gift Bouquet

For my sister-in-law's baby shower everyone went crazy over this adorable baby gift, and I knew I just had to copy it.

She said it was a Martha Stewart craft, so I looked up the video on youtube and made one for a friend of mine who is about to have a baby.

Each little rosette is a baby item. Suggested items are little onesies, socks, and bibs.

I had a bouquet of 7 flowers. Here is a view from above with each item labeled.

Here are the materials I used

-silk flowers
-clay pot
-floral foam
-floral tape
-decorative spanish moss
-ribbon
-safety pins
-baby items

Then I just removed the silk buds from each rose and replaced it with a tightly rolled baby item. You are supposed to use floral tape to keep them in place, but unfortunately I had to use a safety pin on some. There are so many ways you could change it up and get creative with this craft. It's cute, it's practical, and it's sure to be a hit.

This was my first time to link up with Somewhat Simple's Strut Your Stuff Thursday. You should check it out. All the stuff is so awesome I almost didn't participate, but I did, and I managed to slip in at entry #300.

2 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

WOW! I've seen these but have not been brave enough to try and MAKE one! You rock!! :)

Alicia said...

Love this idea! Oh Amanda linked to you today, so that's how I found this particular post. :D Fun.