Thursday, May 28, 2009

Being Away

As I mentioned before it's been an adventurous month for my little guy, and for me too. Everyone has been asking me how I handled his first trip to Kentucky without me. I may have done alright considering we were close to 1,000 miles apart for almost 5 days, but I did have some help. With all of the technology that we have these days, I was able to keep connected almost every waking hour.

When Z boarded the plane I called my mom (who was flying with him), when they got off the plane she called to let me know how it went.

When they got home we did a video conference and repeated these meetings every day! Here is a snip it of one (although the recordings are much lower quality than when you are doing the chat live)

My dad faithfully sent Zip files full of photos and video footage of what he did each day and one time I even got an email from Z, of course most of it was, "sjkldefin jd lsle", other than the parts my dad helped him write.

The only problem is that there are no virtual hugs for me to feel chubby little arms around my neck and no smellavision so that I can smell that baby fresh scent after bath time (although there are other times I am grateful for not having smellavision), but for 4 days away from my boy I will take what I can get.

Being able to connect in all forms from across the country is one of the things I love. For more "Things I love Thursdays" go to diaperdiaries.net

No comments: