Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Side of The Story

It is true that Z had some great adventures this month, but that is not to say that I didn't have a little excitement of my own. In fact, I was amazed at what I could do with my time when I had it all to myself.

I went to the community Library for the first time and I have lived here for almost 5 years. I came away with 3 books and I was actually able to read them!

I also went thrift store shopping. I hit up 3 of my favorite stores and bought my entire summer wardrobe for $35.00. I will be going through the ensembles in next weeks blog, so that should be fun.

Oh, but wait there's more. J] and I were able to have some alone time. We went to this really cool bowling alley that was also a trendy restaurant. We ate sushi and bowled at the same time. As strange as it sounds it was perfect for the two of us.


Of course it wasn't all fun and games, the whole purpose of Z being away was so that I could get work done and that is what I was doing the majority of the time.

In the time that Z was gone I was able to clean the whole house, make a decent amount of money, and have a lot of fun, but I still missed my baby. When we picked Z up from the airport I greeted him with a cookie monster balloon and cookies. We have been able to get back into our old routine in no time, which means that things around here are a little crazy, and that's the way I like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normal and clean are boring. Yet fun to have now and then.
N.L.W.

Becky said...

Sounds like you made great use of the time. And hurray, another thrifted outfit series!

I remember when once you did a whole week of outfits you'd gotten at the thrift store. I think that was around the time I first started reading you. I love that stuff!

Michele R said...

Sounds like a great time for everyone. My hubs and 3 sons have just left for a 2-week vacation. I will join them in 5 more days. I don't know what to do first!! I do have to work Mon-Thurs but I have today and the nights to myself!!! High five on the thrift finds! I would get addicted and go back every few weeks!!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I love that sushi and bowling photo!