Monday, June 1, 2009

Thrifty Summer Fashions

It's June 1st and even though the summer equinox is still a few weeks away, school is out, the weather is heating up, and in my book, summer is officially here. That means it's time to bring out the flip flops and tank tops. As mentioned last week, I did all my summer shopping at thrift stores and I thought this would be a good time to introduce a summer edition of last years Fall Fashion Week. This one will be a little more simple than the fall version because as if I hadn't mentioned already I have been WAY too busy this month to live up to the exceedingly high bar I set for myself. Now then, let's get started.


I don't care if you are shopping at Target or Sacs Fifth Avenue you can't miss the hit of the season which is the floor length, sleeveless, maxi dress. I just happened to find this one at the thrift store for $3.00. The pajama like plaid wouldn't be my first pick for the print, but for the price and the comfort I am so pleased with this fun summer dress. I just read on a my friend's blog that she picked up a pattern and plans on making one herself. What a great idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tip #1: Some clothes are worth the investment, but the maxi dress may not be one of them. When it comes to the staples of your closet, like a classic white shirt or little black dress it pays to pick something that you know is good quality and a perfect fit. For short term trends or more daring styles that could end up in the good will pile in no time don't go overboard!

2 comments:

Chuck & Chels said...

ooo another shout out :) love your dress! aren't they the most comfy?! i'm in the mood to thrift shop now :)

pictures of my dress coming soon!

Zion said...

They are the MOST comfy. I also loved that anthropology dress on your blog. For those of us that can't afford spending hundreds on a dress I think home made and thrift stores are the way to go! Can't wait to see the pics.