Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Summer

It takes guts to wear white pants. It's stands out in the sea of dark denim and for such a colorless color it packs a lot of punch. This outfit features white jeans for $5.00 from the thrift store and the same shoes I wore from "outfit #6" in my last Thrift Show. I wanted something vibrant to offset the white and I found this shirt at Ross for $5.99. That mean this isn't an entirely second hand outfit, but it is still entirely cheap!

Tip #3: What you wear under your clothes is just as much a part of your ensemble as the outfit itself. Never ever wear white under white. Flesh colored lingerie is actually your best bet with most items, but especially anything white. Always check yourself in the mirror in different lighting, ideally using two mirrors so that you can see what you look like from the back. Don't be afraid to act like an idiot and bend over, do the Beyonce dance, or walk in place, just to make sure you there are no signs of panty lines or see through clothing.

One last tip, off the record (as if this wasn't on the internet). Don't wear white shorts when you are anywhere near starting your period. I found that out the hard way. Luckily one of my friends was there for me and I think I left without anyone else noticing. It was an embarrassing mistake, but please don't let my scary story stop you from giving white pants a chance.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I can't get the pic to show up. Wah!

Anonymous said...

you look so great in white :)

Zion said...

Oh no, I am not sure why that is Becky :(