Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chocolatey Goodness

If you haven't heard about my chocolate challenge check out this post:
The Messy Mom: 27 Chocolates

Every Wednesday night we have a Bible Study at our church that begins with a meal. There is one lady in particular that always brings good desserts. She even makes Baklava! One time she made these dessert squares that were like cake, topped with marshmallow creme, topped with chocolate rice krispies, but it was kind of peanutbuttery. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it tasted DIVINE. So I got up the gumption to put in a special birthday request for that dessert to be served this week. Not only did she make the little chocolate squares, but she made a giant heart shape one and put a candle on it. Then she sent me home with a tin full of the chocolaty goodness. I will leave a copy below of the recipe from www.cooks.com. Chocolate Crunchy Brownies, as they are called, are one of the things I love. No make that things I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! For things that other people love check out the diaper dairies, "Things I Love Thursday" .





CHOCOLATE CRUNCHY BROWNIES
2 sticks butter, melted
2 c. sugar
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
13 oz. marshmallow cream
6 oz. butterscotch chips
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. Rice Krispies
Cream together butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add 4 eggs to creamed mixture. Mix in 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon salt.
Put in greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Spread 13 ounces of marshmallows cream on hot brownies. Melt butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Mix in Rice Krispies. Spread on top.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, my! These sound divine! I'm printing off the recipe as I type this. LOL! THanks for sharing!

thediaperdiaries said...

Holy crap those sound delicious!! Perfect for my preggo self!!!!!