Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cows, Furry Animals, and My Mom

After Z was born my parents stayed with us for a couple weeks to help out. Of course when you have a newborn baby eating around the clock, the topic of breast feeding is not unheard of. My mother began to reminisce of when she became a mom and how she marveled at the idea that a baby could solely depend on her and she could provide her infants with all the nourishment's that they needed.

My dad, being a man and not as sentimental about this bonding experience, just shrugged and said "I don't see what the big deal is, cows do it."

My mom glared at him and said "Are you really comparing me to a cow?"

"No" he said a little defensive. "I am just saying even the little furry creatures do it."

So I suppose being compared to little furry creatures is better than a heifer. Good one dad.



Okay I take that back, I have heard people call female cows heifers, but after looking it up I found out that a heifer is "a female cow that has not borne a calf". Therefor a heifer would not be nursing her young. I guess that means I am one up on all the heifers. Booya!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

This made me laugh :) I have heard the reference before...but your insight at the end is rather delightful! And I love how you ended with the booyah! Haha! :)