Monday, June 8, 2009

2009 Halftime

It's basketball season... I think. Are they in the play offs yet or is it over? I am not much of a basketball fan, unless the Mavs are playing and even then it's a stretch. I have never really followed any sports for that matter. When I do somehow get dragged into watching a game my favorite part is halftime. I love halftime, not just because of the shows or the chance to get up and get more finger foods, but because it is a defining moment for the players. It's the part of the game where the teams have set the pace for the first half and they now get to look over their strategies, regroup and try to come back strong (at least I think that is what happens). Will the underdogs come up from behind? Will it continue to be neck and neck? We don't know for sure, but what we do know at half time is that it is still anyone's game.

That is how I feel about this part of the year. We are in the 6th month of 2009 and the events leading up to this point may or may not have been what we expected, but we still have 6 more months to finish out strong.

This week I am going to take a little bit of time to both look back and forward for 2009 and I would encourage you to do the same. How do you feel about your accomplishments this far? I am sure that there have been some successes, some milestones, some memorable moments. Even if you do feel like you are behind on your goals or resolutions, it's not too late to turn it around. It's 2009 halftime and it's still anyone's game.

No comments: