Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Braums



I love Braum's ice cream. I love the milk shakes, I love the sundaes, I love the half gallon cartons to take home. What I didn't realize that I would love is doing some grocery shopping at the little market that is included in all Braums stores. I have lived in this area for over 10 years and just recently started buying dairy products and other food items from Braums. The prices are the same if not BETTER than other grocery stores, and the best part is a lot of the food comes from local farms. The dairy products are from cows that are not given rBGH (growth hormones) or any antibiotics. I have also become partial to their tamales and break and bake cookie dough.

I know that Braum's is not located all over the US, but maybe you have a similar old fashioned dairy store near you. I am a big UDF (United Dairy Farmers) fan, but I only get to indulge in my favorite cherry cordial ice cream shake made with chocolate milk, when I am visiting family up north. UDF is similar to Braum's when it comes to the way they do their farming.

I love ice cream, but I don't like the idea of artificial dairy products. Shopping at Braums works for me!



For Works For Me Wednesday go to wearethatfamily.com.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Oh this is where I must buy milk from, people think I am weird. Nothing compares to their milk!! And their prices are the same, if not better. We have one fairly close to the house and I shop there all the time :)

Tara said...

I grew up on Braum's--specifically Cherries, Pecans, and Cream ice cream.

It is a must "travel" stop when we head to north Texas or Oklahoma!