Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer and the other 3

Today was not AS hot as it was over the weekend so I had the brilliant idea of taking Z to a park. While he was playing I figured I would relax and read, but when I went to get settled in on the black metal bench I immediately sprang up out of my seat because it was flaming hot. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have bright red scorch marks across my buns just from sitting down for a few seconds.

Texas summers can be brutal. After today’s short lived escapade I will be scheduling all of our plans over the next couple months around air conditioned or water activities only. Although in all fairness even if I don't love the sweltering heat or mosquitoes I can't imagine a year without summer. I love having 4 distinct seasons to look forward to and I personally wouldn't want to live in a place where the weather stayed the same year round. Because of our 4 seasons I can anticipate that the climate and scenery will inevitably change even if I stay in one place. Thanks to the seasons we can break up life's moments into distinct memorable portions like "That was a rough winter ", "We bought a farm in the spring" or "That summer was a lot of fun". Seasons have the power to set a mood, persuade a poet, or inspire an artist. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

I wonder what this summer be remembered for?



Last year my son experienced each season for the first time

WINTER Yes sometimes it does snow in Texas, just long enough to for a photo op.

SPRING A picnic on mothers day.

SUMMER His first time in the pool.

FALL playing in the leaves.

No comments: