Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Mexican Nephew

Now before I mislead anyone with the title of this post I should clarify that my nephew (my husband's sister's son) is only 5 years younger than I am. He has fair complexion, blue eyes, and is over 6 feet tall. He might only be half mexican, but that still makes him eligible to be the first latino president. It also means he is the one I call when I need help making fajitas.

The reason I bring him up is because when I look back at this first half of the year I see it as his time to shine. He just graduated last month from Dallas Baptist University and a week later married the love of his life. I can’t believe how much he has changed since I met him 10 years ago. I am so proud of the young man he has become. I can’t wait to see what the rest of this year has in store for him and his beautiful bride, or better yet the rest of their lives. He may not be looking to become president, but I am sure whatever he does it will be great.



Guitar night at our house. My brother in law, nephew, Z, and J.


After the graduation ceremony with my nephew and his soon to be wife.


The wedding ceremony

No comments: