Saturday, August 29, 2009

The First Trimester


The first trimester is officially over. The above photo was taken at 12 weeks and I am at 14 weeks now and grown a little since then. I am wearing one of J's shirts because I thought it would be neat to see how/if it fits in the end.

When I had my first check up they bumped my due date up to February 27, 2010 according to sonogram measurements, but my personal calculations were for March 7. I am guessing it will be inbetween the two. Put me down for March 4th. Feel free to make your own birth date guesses and let me know what you think.* I can't promise any prizes, but how about some personal satisfaction? Or if you are right maybe a little public acknowledgement of the one who guessed closest. Oh this is only the beginning, we still have to guess what gender, how much the baby will weigh, and whether or not I will have any brain cells left at the end of this pregnancy. Ah, let the games begins.

Speaking of guessing the gender I really am unsure. With Z I felt like I KNEW he was a boy, and I was right. This time I vacillate. I just took a little online gender prediction quiz. Not that I take that kind of thing seriously, but what really cracked me up is that my result said boy, and at the top the results read "50% chance you are having a boy"

Wow! It is amazing how accurately they can determine these things. I would have never thought I had a 50/50 chance. Well I guess we should find out either way in October.

Though I may have had some complaints overall it was a really good first trimester, but I am open to this next one being even better.




*A couple tidbits that could be helpful for the birth date guessing game: My mom had 4 babies and they all came late. I have only had one so far and he was a week early. I would love to hear what happened with your pregnancies. Early? Late? Induced? Any one have a baby on the due date?

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I am guessing February 28th. :)

Michele R said...

I think people should throw what they hear about the sonogram calculation out the window. Only if you are one of those gals who has no clue when her last menstrual cycle was, or never had one, etc. Because the calculations are based on a baby being 7 lbs, 8 oz and based on each baby "cooking" an exacr amount of time. And I know that you are not going down the OB office route, but for those who are, taking your newly given due date of 2/27, when it goes past that date you may then start to think you are overdue, doc can't sit on hands and wait, etc.
So I am sure you are more correct in going by your knowledge of how long your cycles last and if they are around 28 days then adding 7 days to LMP and go back three months.
As far as my 3 births....1st baby came 11 days early, 2nd came 4 days after, and 3rd one was right on due date.
I can't believe you are 14 weeks!! When you modeled your summer thrift finds, were those your first, unknown preg photos?

Zion said...

Michelle I agree with you and I appreciate the advice, especially coming from experience. I was not pregnant when I did the summer thrift show, but pretty dang close.

Tracy Ryan said...

I'm going to guess March 4th cause that's a good day to be born (my mom's birthday is March 4th ;) Caleb came on his due date Jan. 3rd !!! Unlike you, I didn't make it naturally but I sure tried for almost 42 hours and I'll try again next time :) Can't wait to hear about your labor, you're my hero!

{amy} said...

I'm way behind (because we've been a little busy moving & all!), but I wanted to give my prediction. I think March 3rd would be great! It's my cousin Kendra's birthday, and she had a little speech delay when she was little. She said her birthday was "March the thud", & I think that's too cute! {not that I'm wishing a speech delay on your baby ~ please don't take it like that!!} I laughed at the "50% chance", too! That cracks me up!