Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Minimal Sleepwear

Although I wish I could, I doubt I will ever forget the time I had to borrow pajamas from a friend. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I was hanging out with my friend at her house when we both spontaneously decided we didn't want the fun to end and that I should just just spend the night. Since it was an unplanned sleepover I had not brought any pajamas, but she told me I could borrow hers. Normally I wouldn't think anything of this, but it turns out that she liked to sleep in a t-shirt ONLY and assumed I would be comfortable doing the same.

Even that might not sound like a huge deal, but the t-shirt wasn't the length of a typical night gown. It was barely enough coverage for my rear. To make matters worse she had planned on watching movies and sleeping in the living room that night, so the possibility of her dad or older brother being present was there. In the end nothing particularly mortifying ever happened, but sometimes just the thought or potential is bad enough.

No comments: