Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Seabird


On Monday I shared about how we had eleven people at our home over the past two weeks. The first set of guest arrived when my brother who lives in Cincinnati OH called to see if the band he is touring with could stay with us in between traveling from Tulsa OK to Houston TX. I rarely get to see my brother and welcomed the impromptu visit. 

It's a pretty cool gig that he has going right now. It's not like this is just some High School garage band, although he's my brother and I would still be proud of him if that were the case. The band is called Seabird. Their last CD is called 'Til We See the Shore and some of the songs have been played on shows like Numb3rs and Grey's Anatomy. They also had a song that was featured in the promo for Pushing Daisies.

The thing about having musicians staying with you is that they have really odd sleep schedules, which being pregnant I can relate to. The night they stayed with us I was lying awake at 4:30 in the morning feeling like I am about to starve to death until I finally cave in and make my way out to the kitchen only to find that someone is already out there working on their laptop. So I stand there in the doorway with my eyes still adjusting trying to figure out if it is my brother that is sitting in my kitchen in the dark with his shirt off or someone else. After a few moments of staring I realize it is not my brother, so I apologize and quickly explain with minimal amount of words that I am pregnant and hungry. Then I grabbed some crackers and granola bars from the pantry and quickly retreated back to the bedroom. 

The next day they were off on the road again and I saw them in concert a few nights later which was fun. If you haven't heard them already, I totally recommend checking them out. They are a great band, with a great sound, and I can say after having spent the evening with them that they are all very down to earth. 




The photo above is of my brother playing at The Prophet Bar in Dallas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture and the band.
N.L.W.

{amy} said...

Of course, you know I love the band! :) Thanks again for telling me about them!!