Monday, August 24, 2009

Maternity Update

When my friend Amy commented on my post "bun in the oven" which announced this pregnancy she asked "Will you do a totsite like before, or will you put all your details on here?" Which is actually a really good question and something I have had to put a lot of thought into.

Totsite is a website where you can customize your own webpage for your baby. It's really easy to use and similar to a blog, but has layouts, polls, and growth charts etc. that are specifically designed for children. I started my totsite as soon as I found out I was pregnant and have faithfully updated with photos, videos, and journal entries for the past 2 1/2 years. As previously stated when I shared 25 random facts about me I am really into documenting everything. The problem is a few things have changed since I started the totsite and I am not sure that I want to keep up with it for this baby on the way. Here are some of my reasons.

1. When I started the totsite I didn't have a facebook and neither did everyone and their mother. Before that the totsite was a great way to keep family and friends updated on all the latest milestones, but now I can just post in on Facebook and BOOM! half the world has been notified.

2. When you do the free version of totsite you run out of space frequently and have to delete all the old postings. This is frustrating to me, I want to be able to go back and look at it at anytime.

3. When I started the tosite I did not have a blog. Having to update a blog, facebook, and totsite is a bit overwhelming. I know, I know, what a major life delimma.

With that being said I want to cherish the memories of this baby just as much as I did with Z. I have decided to let the totsite go, BUT I am going to do updates once a month on here with all the latest details of this pregnancy and birth. A lot has happened since we made our announcement a month ago and I am sure that there is a lot more to come!

1 comment:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Well, first of all - congratulations! I keep getting behind on my blog reading, so I didn't know! :)

Second of all, I hear you. I had a baby blog, too - and it's just too much!!